UK State Pension / Irish State Pension

I have just gone through this process myself. Very simple process to obtain projection, they specify the missing years.
The key benefit is that as a non resident you pay class 2 national insurance rates rather than the more expensive class 3

I was in touch recently with the Dept. of Work and Pensions to make voluntary contributions. They posted out a UK state pension forecast, and they also asked me to complete form NI38/CF83 which I have done. (when I was filling out the form it did not feel like the form was geared towards non-residents). Anyway, I am hoping now they will get back to me with the total cost to top up for the missing years to take me to the minimum 10 years.

Just cheking if I am on the right track. Is this the form NI38/CF83 the last thing that you also sent to them?

My letter from 9 Feb got replied to today, 6 May. So they are still working, it's just very delayed... I'm delighted, as I spent about an hour trying to get through to them by phone (no luck) yesterday and was wondering what to do next!

I got my letter back in Mid-April, so about a nine-week response time.

It was somewhat cryptic but said that eligibility will be assessed on the basis of my PRSI record, which I have since sent back to them.

Back