UB Home saver account ( non FTB)

Ndiddy

Does anyone know what happens to the account if a non- first time buyer opens this account or if it isn't used for a home purchase? I have the SIDA regular saver but getting close to the 15k limit and trying to see if I can use the home saver account for the overflow and still get 0.85%.

Had looked at PTSB online saver, but it looks like you have to have PTSB account and with COVID, as UB customer thought it would be easiest to open the Home Saver.

I applied to open one of these for the same reasons as yourself a couple of weeks ago, I've yet to hear anything back (applied through their app). I assume its just a regular savings account with a 0.85% interest rate for non FTBs.

I asked about this in branch a few weeks ago. It's just a regular saver account, but the girl didn't know if it's possible to reduce monthly contributions or withdraw funds once the balance approaches the 15,000 limit in order to keep the 0.85 percent interest. Does anyone here know?

The limit on the upper rate is 25,000 EUR.

You can withdraw funds on demand.

You can edit monthly contributions provided you deposit at least €1 per month.

Ciaran T,
Like Ndiddy I also want to put money in a good deposit account, but am not saving for a home. I have €5,000 to invest. I was thinking of setting up a regular monthly savings of €5 into this new Ulster Bank Home Saver Account. (I am already on anytime banking with Ulster). Then changing it for just two months in a row to €2,500 and back again to the €5. I'm always wary of anything that's too good to be true, so eventhough it seems to be allowed, I'm just checking if you, too, think this is possible.

Does anybody know if UB will allow both SIDA regular saver and the FTB Home Saver to be actively open the same time? or must choose between one or the other? I know some other banks strictly allow only 1 regular savers account per customer. I have a SIDA account, thinking to try the same as the OP, and open a FTB Home Savers (non FTB here).

What happens interest-wise if you transfer more than the monthly standing order limit online? Like move in 5k all at once, does this affect the rate?

Max 2.5k per month.

If you transfer more, it might be rejected or Ulster Bank may not pay the higher rate.

I applied to open one of these for the same reasons as yourself a couple of weeks ago, I've yet to hear anything back (applied through their app). I assume its just a regular savings account with a 0.85% interest rate for non FTBs.
Coldwarrior,
Did you get your Home Saver Account activated yet or have you had any contact from them after your initial application?

I opened my anytime banking.ie today and there it was: my new Home Saver Account has been processed and is now set up.
They never commented on my senior age. And Dovetail, like you, I already have the SIDA regular saver account.

As regards the Ulster Bank Home Saver account, it appears to be the highest, at 0.85% gross up to €25k and 0.15% gross thereafter.

I have been saving in to this monthly up to maximum permitted.

Do I have to keep paying at least €1 in per month to keep these rates. I.e. if I suddenly stop all payments in do these rates go?

Many thanks for the info...

You need to keep paying at least €1 per month. If you do not meet the minimum requirements then in theory Ulster Bank may not pay this high rate.

Back