Tyres cost how much?

I got nearly 47,000 off a set of michelins before changing in oct 2005. 4 firestones cost €195 in McManus Tyres Dundalk ( they are in Drogheda now too) which included the recycling charge on 3. kept the best one as they weren't too bad but it was October and I didn't want to take chances. one of the new tyres cut on a sidewall with broken glass so I used the brand new michelin from the boot and now use the 'retrieved' michelin as the spare. passed the nct with it as well and I am happy enough that its still within the legal limit. if only just.

Re: Tyres cost how much!

I AM a bit suprised when u mentioned tyres can affect noise level and comfortness in driving....all i know good tyres give better grip etc.
thanks for the info
There is definitely less road noise with the Toyos than the previous tyres I had. If you look at the eiretyres website, there is a rating for each tyre and one of the categories is 'Road Noise'. The lower the number, the quieter it is. I have Conti's on the other car and they have a rating in the high 2's, but the Toyos are in the high 1's and they are definitely quieter

Yip, I use them all year round.

If you look at the eiretyres website, there is a section there for tyre fitters. I took the numbers down from a few of them, rang them in advance and asked them if they are still fitting tyres for eiretyres. Turns out one of them 2 mins up the road from me in work in Leixlip fitted them. He charged me €15 per wheel and that included disposal of the old tyre. I probably saved about 45-50 per tyre doing it this way.

€15 per wheel just to fit a tyre ???? Holy moly that's easy money !!!

I would use the R.O. phrase here but have learned