Tyres cost how much?

I got nearly 47,000 off a set of michelins before changing in oct 2005. 4 firestones cost €195 in McManus Tyres Dundalk ( they are in Drogheda now too) which included the recycling charge on 3. kept the best one as they weren't too bad but it was October and I didn't want to take chances. one of the new tyres cut on a sidewall with broken glass so I used the brand new michelin from the boot and now use the 'retrieved' michelin as the spare. passed the nct with it as well and I am happy enough that its still within the legal limit. if only just.

Re: Tyres cost how much!

I AM a bit suprised when u mentioned tyres can affect noise level and comfortness in driving....all i know good tyres give better grip etc.
thanks for the info
There is definitely less road noise with the Toyos than the previous tyres I had. If you look at the eiretyres website, there is a rating for each tyre and one of the categories is 'Road Noise'. The lower the number, the quieter it is. I have Conti's on the other car and they have a rating in the high 2's, but the Toyos are in the high 1's and they are definitely quieter

Do you use these tyres all year round tosullivan. Are we able to use summer tyres in Ireland all year round, cause we don't really get a winter?

I've just realised the Eiretyre price is only cost of tyre plus shipping. If I got tyres in the post I wouldn't know what to do with them. I think they go under the car but after that I'd be lost! :(
Yip, I use them all year round.

If you look at the eiretyres website, there is a section there for tyre fitters. I took the numbers down from a few of them, rang them in advance and asked them if they are still fitting tyres for eiretyres. Turns out one of them 2 mins up the road from me in work in Leixlip fitted them. He charged me €15 per wheel and that included disposal of the old tyre. I probably saved about 45-50 per tyre doing it this way.

€15 per wheel just to fit a tyre ???? Holy moly that's easy money !!!

I would use the R.O. phrase here but have learned :)

Back