Tubs of Roses Shrinkflation

I don't eat any sugar or foods that contain sugar. That's why I'm not familiar with the sugar content of Quality Street.

I didn't expect the suger content to be as high as that but maybe that wasn't evident from my post?

Quality Street isn't one of your five a day. You can read about healthy eating here if you want to improve your heart health and avoid a stroke.

What did you expect? That Quality Street were one of your five a day or something? :confused:
Actual good-quality dark chocolate is less than 30% sugar so one might well be shocked that so-called "Quality" Street is double that.

Last edited:
These are just a few reasons from my 2nd pilot! to stock up.....

1. Variety: Quality Street offers a delightful assortment of chocolates and toffees, so there’s something for everyone. Whether you prefer creamy, nutty, or fruity flavors, there’s a treat to match your taste.
  2. Sharing: These chocolates are perfect for sharing with friends and family, making them a great addition to social gatherings and celebrations. Sharing a tin of Quality Street can bring people together and create joyful moments.
  3. Nostalgia: For many, Quality Street chocolates are tied to fond memories of holidays and special occasions. Enjoying them can evoke a sense of nostalgia and comfort.
  4. Indulgence: Sometimes, it’s nice to treat yourself to something sweet. Quality Street chocolates offer a little indulgence that can brighten your day and provide a moment of pleasure.
  5. Gift-Giving: The colorful and festive packaging makes Quality Street an excellent gift option. It’s a thoughtful and delicious way to show appreciation or celebrate special events.
  6. Convenience: The individually wrapped pieces make it easy to enjoy a sweet treat on the go or to control portion sizes if you’re watching your intake.

Roses, Heroes and Celebrations €5.50 (€4.40 with vouchers) in Dunnes for the next 2 weeks.

WARNING Me and my 2nd Pilot are ready to stave off any criticism??!

These are just a few reasons from my 2nd pilot! to stock up.....

WARNING Me and my 2nd Pilot are ready to stave off any criticism??!

A bit of advice coming from a person who has to watch their sugars extremely carefully to keep the dreaded diabetes at bay does your 2d pilot bear that aspect in mind :) Even my adult children avoid them because of how bad they are for you. Do your friends and relatives a big favour and buy them something else.

I do note your enthusiasm though for the their sale so am beginning to smell a rat. Jim Figgerty made his fortune through putting the fig into the fig rolls so you have probably made millions putting the centre fillings in the Roses etc. and you frequent AAM to seek investment advice for those millions. Tell me its not true ........................... :p :D

Back