Tree fallen onto our land

joeclogs

A neighbours tree has fallen onto our land and broken the electric fence. Are they obliged to remove the tree? Also rather than waiting for them to act can I go ahead and cut it up myself and if so who owns the wood?

Do the neighborly thing and give them a call and ask them do they want to remove the tree or would they mind if you started cutting it up for wood for yourself .They might even help you and share the wood. Id claim the fence on my insurance or just fix it . if they didn't offer to pay or share for damage to the fence i wouldn't bother to chase it.GOOD NEIGHBOR RELATIONS IS LIKE GOLD.

A very large branch off a neighbours tree fell across the public road where I live last year. The remaining part of the tree is rotten in the middle and looks as if it might go at any time. I contacted Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council about this tree three weeks ago because if it goes the electricity cables will be pulled down. Their response was that they have written to the neighbour about it but haven't received any reply. I certainly hope that nobody is killed or injured while Dun Laoghaire wait for the neighbour to do something.

Box

You should contact the ESB if there is a danger to electricity cables. They probably have more power than the local authority.

Brendan

Back