Trade in against used car/Buy new/Hire

No Favours, exactly! If i brought it to another gargae and got a mechanic to have a look at it just to see if he can find the actual problem is that the best way forward or what should i do from here, back to the uncle and get charged for something that potentially will not be fixed again? Can a local mechanic diagnose this problem?

Your uncle should be able to get it fixed. It need not be confrontational to say "I've paid you €900, so please fix my car".

Hi guys, just said i would update this post to let ye know we found the problem fingers crossed, brought it to another uncle of mine local mechanic (large family) and between him and another mecahnic over the road they diagnosed it as the temperature control switch it's a small green four pin plug that sits in the pipe the coolant runs through and is connected to the cars computer and was sending the wrong signals! It has not happened in two days so im hopeful the problem is fixed and it only cost €30. Apparently these switches cause a bit of trouble in skodas wolkswagens and seats!
Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Jollyman

Back