Toilet doors and hygiene

Not to encourage people not to wash - but healthy urine is sterile.

Not to encourage people not to wash - but healthy urine is sterile.

...but unfortunately quite smelly when it goes stale - which is pretty quickly. Many cultures have a history of drinking their own urine for supposed health benefits too - I think Ghandi was a devotee? Apparently, it's not completely uncommon in the west too.

Well maybe not, and not to get too graphic, but I guess there is a much greater potential for germ transfer due to the ladies' wiping process.

As long as the men bits are clean in the first place, really it's not much different to touching your thigh or something - men don't need to get as intimate with their bits during 'wee time'.

(Sorry but I don't think there was a more polite way of saying the above!)

Oh yea?

I,' the same about door handles coming out of toilets, if I have sleeves I pull down over my hand and open, then that article goes straight into wash when I get home.

I'm also very aware of leaving a handbag down on public toilet floors (as people do) and then they come home and pop the bag up on their kitchen units. I always keep the bag on my shoulder.

I'm also very aware of leaving a handbag down on public toilet floors (as people do) and then they come home and pop the bag up on their kitchen units. I always keep the bag on my shoulder.

I never bring my handbag out in public; Mrs Purple doesn't like it.

I have a friend who won't touch bowls of peanuts, crisps etc. that are left about in pubs etc. on social occasions, because of a fear of what he might ingest as a result of people there not having washed their hands after using the loo.
I remember a survey being done a couple of years back on the issue of peanuts and snacks in bowls on pub counters in the UK. It transpired that a majority of the peanuts sampled had traces of urine on them, so your friend is right to avoid them.

...Many cultures have a history of drinking their own urine for supposed health benefits too - I think Ghandi was a devotee? Apparently, it's not completely uncommon in the west too.
They drink it here too, its called Dutch Gold!

Even Steering wheels have nine times more germs than public toilet seats:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379830/How-clean-car-Steering-wheels-times-germs-public-toilet-seat.html

Back