tipping hairdresser

in the end as it's Christmas etc...and I was happy with the haircut..I left €10 -to be divided €5 to the girl who washed my hair and the other €5 for the woman who cut it...:)

in the end as it's Christmas etc...and I was happy with the haircut..I left €10 -to be divided €5 to the girl who washed my hair and the other €5 for the woman who cut it...:)

Ok, so it's Christmas!! I will accept it is nice to give tips at this time of year. I tip - The Postman, Binmen, Hairdresser, Butcher (assistant) and some more that I just can't think of off hand. However, if I were to tip all the above on a regular basis I would be broke. Christmas is a time for giving - not all year round.

i really dont understand y ppl feel obliged to tip after getting hair done. I was in petermarks in mahon, cork few weeks back for colour, cut and blowdry which came to close to 150. After paying so much for what seems to be an average enough job i dont understand y i felt so embarressed after paying and didnt leave a tip ( as i know its common practice in there for tips to b left!!). its not like i walk into tescos and feel obliged to leave a tip with a person on the till in there?? Ppl working in hair salons are on a wage like everyone and dont feel that customers should be obliged to supplement their wages!!

I agree with Bids, I refuse to tip a hairstylist after all they are getting paid and certainly no one has ever tipped me during my 35 year career working with the public. This nonsense should stop it is another way of extracting money from the customer. Hairstyling prices have gone through the roof and it seems that each time I get mine done it it costs more. I say no tips for 2009.

Back