Third house falling

Cati76

Hi,
As some of you might know, we are trying to buy a house. Vendors of house no. 3 are after pulling out, and we only signed contracts yesterday after receiving then just a week ago. I kind of know that there is no comeback, but is there anywhere I can complain about it? I mean the amount of money (and time) spend so far in ingeneers reports, solicitors fees, etc etc, are we entitle to claim that to someone?
As I said before, this is a sellers markets, buyers don't seem to have any rights or comeback, sellers can pull out with out any consequences...In Spain, if once a price is agreed and a deposit paid, if any part decides to pull out they will have to double the money paid to the other part...if that was the case here, I would be able to buy a nice new car right now...Any advice?

Cati76 said:
..... sellers can pull out with out any consequences
so can buyers, but i agree with you ,it does not make it right..

Cati76 said:
...In Spain, if once a price is agreed and a deposit paid, if any part decides to pull out they will have to double the money paid to the other part...
i would love to see something like this being implemented in Ireland to control the market.

Coming back to you question, i do not think you can claim back anything. You seem to have been very unlucky so far.

In France is you meet the asking price they are obliged to sell. Better luck next time. Cant understand why EA's dont have to produce a surveyors report to every interested purchaser for a fixed fee , say €40 to deter time wasters but also to minimise cost to would be purchasers

As someone who has also reached the sale agreed part three times this year I just wanted to say good luck for the next time. I also do not think you can claim back anything. Its not just the money that is wasted , its very hard to view a house and get so far into the process without getting emotionally involved or attached. I think Cuchulaninn has a great suggestion that would save both sellers and vendors a lot of time and money.

Thanks bubbasmama. We are already looking for another property to buy, but after 3, it's really difficult, I am heartbroken, and can't stop being negative about it all. Because the last vendors were buyinb somewhere else, they put a lot of pressure on us to sign contracts and move in as soon as we could, as we were willing to do so, I had already started to do some cleaning, getting rid of things I wouldn't take, etc etc.
Prices keep going up and it's not helping at all. This is the most stressfull situation for a couple, if we survive this, then we can take on anything.
I will keep you posted. Going for a couple of viewings today.

cuchulainn said:
Cant understand why EA's dont have to produce a surveyors report to every interested purchaser for a fixed fee , say €40 to deter time wasters but also to minimise cost to would be purchasers
This is what Shane Ross did (free of charge) when selling his house by auction.

Back