There is a short story in this

Never broken a heel then? Torn the strap of a stiletto? Some shoes are a little more delicate than others :)

As it happens I haven't, but even if some misfortune befalls one shoe in a pair, why would someone hold onto the good shoe and only put the busted shoe into the clothes bank?
Are people buying multiple pairs of shoes like tyres and then working through them as a left fails they swap in a new left and then as a right fails they swap in the new right?

I am delighted that someone else thinks this is funny.

What sort of people put in just one shoe?

And what happened the other shoe?

Brendan
It is a recycling bank after all I suspect the filled the other shoe with Bank shares they could not afford to fill both shoes,;)

Last edited:
As it happens I haven't, but even if some misfortune befalls one shoe in a pair, why would someone hold onto the good shoe and only put the busted shoe into the clothes bank?
Are people buying multiple pairs of shoes like tyres and then working through them as a left fails they swap in a new left and then as a right fails they swap in the new right?
No, what they do is they dump the busted shoe in the bin and the functional shoe into the charity on the basis that it might still be useful :)

No, what they do is they dump the busted shoe in the bin and the functional shoe into the charity on the basis that it might still be useful :)

Aha. Now I get you!

If only there was some magical shoe purgatory where the functional shoes could be paired up by elves rather than destined for the bin. Sad really. I think I've been reading too many fairy tales of late.

Back