The X Factor programme

T

Teapot

Why is there no Irish people in the X Factor - I would have thought that Louie Walsh would have have some Irish people in the competition?

There is a wonderful website called [broken link removed] which has a lots of information about how to join an agency and get into the TV and films, applications are also available onteh webstie on how to get into the TV and films on the above website.

Teapot

Last edited by a moderator:
Irish people - on the whole - are far too sensible to enter a talent contest. They would rather be down the pub or sitting at home, mocking the efforts of the brits!!

I hope Ben wins, if not Leonie will be the one? anyone want to take bets on it???

I am not too impressed with either of Louis acts this year only ones deserving to win are Leone or Ben but perhaps Robert will improve a bit more.

Don't know where you've ben Marcecie, Robert went home last night!!

Leona has a fantastic voice - I have to put an extra jumper on when she sings, cold chills all over!

I don't think any of the Irish contestants were deemed good enough to go through. Louis drives me nuts! Telling the Irish to vote because his act was Irish last year. Now he's moving on to the Scottish, as his act this year are from Scotland. I find it pathetic and used to cringe every time he said it last year. It gives the impression that we're incapable of deciding who has talent because we are blinded by our Nationality.

Couldn't understand why Simon Cowell voted Robert off this week. Maybe he's finally starting to play the game like Louis and Sharon. It'd be disappointing if that is the case.

Because its rubbish and we know better!!!!!

please explain Tabby and the COnway Sisters then??

Infact there was massive ques of wannabes at the Dublin trails and non were good enough

The Conway Sisters were like a second rate Corrs, and Tabby was a "Rocker" with about as much "rock" in him as a cubic zircona. These just "happened" to be from the same area as Westlife (and known to Louis before they went on X Factor)

Westlife were on Saturdays X Factor plugging their new album/single which sounds exactly like the last single/album. Somebody must be buying this stuff, but who! Should be prosecuted for crimes against taste.

Westlife were on Saturdays X Factor plugging their new album/single which sounds exactly like the last single/album. Somebody must be buying this stuff, but who! Should be prosecuted for crimes against taste.
Yes, and Mr Walsh accused Ray (the contestant who likes to perform Swing) of being a 'one trick pony'! :rolleyes:

I hope Ben wins, if not Leonie will be the one? anyone want to take bets on it???

There is currently €1.4m in bets on the winner or this event on Betfair alone.Of this, €508,000 has been bet on Leonna and €413,000 on Ben.

If you want to put a bet on Leonna to win, you have to bet €100 to win €70(+your own stake back). For Ben it's €100 to win €215(+own stake..).

I don't think any of the Irish contestants were deemed good enough to go through. Louis drives me nuts! Telling the Irish to vote because his act was Irish last year. Now he's moving on to the Scottish, as his act this year are from Scotland. I find it pathetic and used to cringe every time he said it last year. It gives the impression that we're incapable of deciding who has talent because we are blinded by our Nationality.

Couldn't understand why Simon Cowell voted Robert off this week. Maybe he's finally starting to play the game like Louis and Sharon. It'd be disappointing if that is the case.

I agree - next year if he has an asain or black act he will be pandering to that dempgraphic - its really cringeworhty when he states (which he always does after Cowell slates them) - "Yeah Simon, Simon, but Scotland loves them, and Scotland will be voting for them" :eek:

The Conway Sisters were like a second rate Corrs, and Tabby was a "Rocker" with about as much "rock" in him as a cubic zircona. These just "happened" to be from the same area as Westlife (and known to Louis before they went on X Factor)

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately Mandy yer harsh - I must admit that I am no fan of the Correttes but Tabby was pretty good. I wanted him to do well.

He really resorted to playground tactics on the last show. Well, Simon, at least I was here, you were in America!! None of Simon's acts ended up in the bottom two but Louis' did. Perhaps he shouldn't spend so much time with them?? Girls Aloud are complaining that he's spending too much time 'being a celebrity' instead of being their manager.

What's the story with Sharon's acts calling her Mummy? More cringeworthiness!! if such a word exists. :D

He really resorted to playground tactics on the last show. Well, Simon, at least I was here, you were in America!! None of Simon's acts ended up in the bottom two but Louis' did. Perhaps he shouldn't spend so much time with them?? Girls Aloud are complaining that he's spending too much time 'being a celebrity' instead of being their manager.

What's the story with Sharon's acts calling her Mummy? More cringeworthiness!! if such a word exists. :D

the show is becoming a bit of a parody or a pastiche or itself alright - maybe a name change to "Cringeworthability Factor" would be in line

Heard Simon Cowell interviewed. He was asked why Louis speaks to him the way he does.....doesn't he know you could fire him in an instant. Cowell replied...because he's stupid!

I only watch the X-factor auditions - always worth a laugh! - hate the actual show and cannot stand Louis Walsh

Totally agree - much prefer the auditions to the show. I love the really bad ones who think they are good.

Back