'The way we were' on rte1

LoveTrees

I hope people are watching 'The way we were' sundays at 9:30pm on rte1... The programs on holidays and shops were great and I am looking forward to the episode on 'working' this sunday :)

I like it with a few minor quibbles.

The old footage is great, but would be even better with a caption e.g. Woolworths Grafton Street c.1983

And a bit more context to the changing of the times for those not old enough to remember the actual events...
As in, they showed an ad for Maurice Pratt drinking 'yellow pack' beers and it was much later in the episode that they (in passing) explained that they were the first own brand products.
And the bread price wars, what was the price of bread before and during the price wars.

I agree that linearity got a bit lost because too many subjects were discussed in such short time but the images of Butlins in Mosney were priceless to my view! Also it's so incredible to see how technology is changing our lives each day almost because of the incredible discoveries being made by the fact that communications got faster and faster (!)

Back