The Green List

If only the young people from schools should be brought on a tour through the hospitals perhaps the message might get through.
that won't work, in their eyes they have had 6 months of restrictions, their lives have been on hold now they just want to live their lives. Its not just in Ireland this is happening it is all over Europe. Therefore no amount of scare mongering is going to work now, the whole of Europe is moving to the Swedish model whether they like it or not, its happening anyway. Sure Leo varadker more or less admitted that himself, getting to herd immunity but very very slowly was the strategy he said.

It's only some younger people.

To be honest, the younger generation I'm in contact with are really responsible and careful. If anything they are more careful than some older folk I know.

I know we see some bad examples. But I'm not sure how representative they are

Of course we only see the few bad examples which makes people think that all young people are irresponsible , that of course is not true .
But I do know lots of elderly people who are actually afraid to go out at all . I heard on the radio today of secondary school girls on the Luas not wearing masks properly and been told to by Luas personal to wear them properly. This they did until he was gone and then took them off again .
These stories do not give young people a good name at all.

Sure Leo varadker more or less admitted that himself, getting to herd immunity but very very slowly was the strategy he said.

In August he said the strategy remained to continue to suppress levels as much as possible "until such time as we develop herd immunity." That's somewhat different to other countries attempts to rush herd-immunity, and the talks of further lock-downs on the way reinforces that. There's still no evidence that herd immunity is even attainable, with multiple documented cases of re-infection.

Thankfully the green list is gone!
It's only gone because Ireland is itself a high risk country, we won't be let into any green list countries on the European system without covid test. The green list was not the problem, the absence of a red list was the problem.

The word list was the problem actually. There should never have been a list in the first place.
It looks like we might have a traffic light system shortly though.

Last edited:
Back