The Great Debate

A

adviser

Hi could some body please answer me these simple questions. I dont want to hear vendetta i just want plain simple advice.

1. If i am a nurse or teacher and i am prepared to work till 60 and am missing 10 years due to job sharing what is my best option for a ( pension) and b for ( maximising tax free cash)

2. If i want a guranteed pension what is better NSP or AVC.

3. If i want to retire at 55 which is a better option NSP OR AVC

4. If i want to maximise the reliefs available through tax in the sense that my spouse earns 35000 a year and is currently not contributing to any pension. Which option do ye advise . What are the disadvantages of doing AVC and what is the advantage of doing NSPs. Also is there any advantage to doing a AVC over a NSP for tax reasons in retirement.

5. If i want to achieve revenue maximum in my pension what option is better. Please explain why.

6. If i started teaching after 2004 and am 25 years of age what is better option.

7. Further on to that if i want to retire at 55 due to cost neutral early retirement which is the better option.

8. If i die which option provides a better option to my family.

9. If i do a AVC and am missing say 5 years at 60 and work till 65 then what are the downfalls. Also if i buy 5 years NSPs and work till 60 but then teach on say till 65 what are the downfalls. What happens my money on both assume i am single.

Thank you.

Thanks

Hi Adviser,

I know its a complicated area but you need to consider your title as it is pretty meaningless. Give it a little thought and change it to something that reflects the core of one of your questions.

This will make it easier for others with the same questions to find the thread, it will attract those select few who actually know some of the answers and it will make my life as a moderator easier as well.

Thanks
aj

Back