The Gallery, Donabate

Apparently there are now two separate systems being offered by Magnet.

If you have a blue band at the bottom of your screen, incorrect time and no relevant programme information, a constantly stuttering signal and many channels not working at all then the chances are that you are on the older magnet setup.

Re:Apparently there are now two separate systems being offered by Magnet.

If you have a blue band at the bottom of your screen, incorrect time and no relevant programme information, a constantly stuttering signal and many channels not working at all then the chances are that you are on the older magnet setup.

When I initially moved into the Gallery a few months ago I got set up with Magnet TV straight away, however, as I've seen on other post's the time/date etc was out of sync.

I rang magnet and they managed to reset my Magnet box to the correct settings so it's grand now. [What I had to do was to leave the box&TV on during the day(while @ work) and they managed to program it from their location.]

Also, is there a resident's comittee or anything similar for the Gallery?

At the first meeting we had with the management comapny (who were the builders at the time - they handed the reins over to curran property a while ago) one fella was taking email addresses to keep people updated on what was happening - with magnet in particular because everyone was giving out about them. I'll ask him next time I see him and maybe we could set up a mailing list.

Re: magnet: I rang them about 30 times in 2006 complaining and asking what was going on and I just gave up around christmas.

BTW, at that management meeting I mentioned earlier, the builders said that they think the prob (i.e. blocky, stuttering, freezing images) is caused by the fact that magnet use a wireless setup for this site because they hadnt laid down the fibre optic out here yet. One of the times I rang them up I said they were misadvertising because of that. They gave me a "free month" (but they billed us the next month anyway).

Back