The D March

Re: Complainer...What is the relevance of the time or the temperature? ...
Its called humour, Firefly clearly understood, temp, time and so on are completely irrelevant.
Re: Bill..... On a Friday, yes that’s fine, but its local term.... like P.Kavanagh "Of an Autumn day.
My sense of humour is clearly wasted here,....I will refrain...NOT.

M
Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds

Originally Posted by Maximus152
My sense of humour is clearly wasted here,.

Its Only on wasted on some. Most of us sense of humour..keep it up Maximus152

IIRC the march was organised a few weeks prior to the IMF arriving, but the timing was perfect for many.

I think most people went out of some urge to show discontent, but in full knowledge it wouldn't result in the Dail suddenly disbanding. Most I spoke to who went accepted this but wanted to do something to show how annoyed they are and not just the usual Joe Duffy route or wait for the actual election.

The nation's apathy has been too easily bought the last 15 years or so and at least this is a good sign of perhaps some bite comming back to the population.

Overall, I think the "union" issue was lost on many of those people there in so much as it was a general demonstration rather than one with a specific ideology. While the actual case might be otherwise, generally for most I know, the whole "union" issue was diluted by the volume of people just wanting to show anger.

Are you really saying that the beards were only booed because thy would not organise a strike? If so you're in cloud cuckoo land with them!

Are you really saying that the beards were only booed because thy would not organise a strike? If so you're in cloud cuckoo land with them!

Yep , small but voluble group with placards demanding a one day national strike booed Jack - hey it's a democracy after all and as I pointed out they constituted a tiny minority .

Were you actually present on the march ?