"Teacher 'gobsmacked' as bank writes down mortgage by €20,000"

He had received a letter from the bank that mentioned a 12pc balance reduction and a refund of the interest charged...........[h]e had not known he was due any refunds because he had not realised he had been denied a tracker in the past.

Are AIB's letters confusing to the point that even a schoolteacher can't understand them?

I moved from a financial background into teaching over a decade ago and was shocked at the lack of understanding when it came to money talk in the few staffrooms I was in. I actually had a big talk with Brendan about this at the Cork meet up last Christmas and how Cornmarket effectively have a monopoly through our union :mad:

I'm just glad he's not teaching my child if he struggles to calculate 12% of his mortgage balance... :oops:

That banking culture board does indeed sound like a load of rubbish. :rolleyes:

From their website...

The IBCB requires our participating banks improve culture, customer outcomes and competence.

How do you "improve culture" and measure it to confirm? o_O

Last edited:
John did an interview this morning - Tuesday - on Highland Radio

[broken link removed]

It's at 1 hour and 6 minutes.

Brendan

Listened to John's interview earlier on today and could not believe what I was hearing!!! He was singing the praises of AIB and said that they are "making amends"..... This is laughable!!!!! I for one am not satisfied with redress and will continue to fight for return to tracker

Back