Tax efficiency as a PAYE worker

Blackrock1

As a PAYE worker, if you are maxing pension contributions allowable, buying a tax saver ticket, taking a 500 euro gift voucher during the year, is there any other tax efficient ways of using your salary / bonus?

I have a family member who works for one of the multinationals. They offer €100 p/m (net) for employees to spend on "wellness" which can be used for gym memberships, beauty treatments, massages and multiple other things. I presume that the company foot the whole tax bill for this and that there are no available reliefs for this carry on?

I have a family member who works for one of the multinationals. They offer €100 p/m (net) for employees to spend on "wellness" which can be used for gym memberships, beauty treatments, massages and multiple other things. I presume that the company foot the whole tax bill for this and that there are no available reliefs for this carry on?

we get a 30 a month wellness allowance that we pay BIK on, we also get health insurance covered that is also BIK'able

I’m not sure if I dreamt this or how it works but I’m pretty sure you can claim a tax relief on the health insurance paid for by your employer

Income protection insurance is tax deductible.

Deed of covenant to parents.

Otherwise one of the few reliefs remaining for investment is the EII scheme.

I’m not sure if I dreamt this or how it works but I’m pretty sure you can claim a tax relief on the health insurance paid for by your employer

yes like everything its capped so max of 1k and relief at 20% for an adult, and 500 for a child. The family policy that costs the co 5k and pay BIK at the marginal rate with 600 in tax relief.

also claiming tax deduction on income protection,

thanks all

Back