Taking up curtains

Merrion

Hi,

Need to get some curtains taken up and was wondering if any of you could recommend someone in South Dublin area. I have checked other posts but haven't found anything with regards to curtain alterations.

Also if anyone has done this before can you let me what cost I could be looking at? I only need the curtain taken up a couple of inches?

Thanks in advance

I can't recommend anyone for alterations but as curtains are standard length could you move the curtain rail up a couple of inch's...therefore no alterations will be necessary now & in the future?

Can't you also adjust the hook height at the top of the curtain (by a couple of inches anyway) that latch onto the rings.

Hi - thanks for the suggestions! Its a tab top curtain so don't have any hooks and can't really move up the curtain pole as it would look too far up from the actual window!!

If its not too heavy weight or you dont have a huge amount of material to deal with, try iron on Wundaweb made by Vilene, or any iron product for invisible hems. Can be got at your local fabric shop or haberdashery .

Never thought of that MaryRose thanks for the tip.
I actually remember my mother using this at some stage in the past :)

Hi Loughquinn/Mary Rose,

If the curtains are already hemmed its highly unlikely that the wundaweb will be able to hold the weight involved in turning them up again. They will also most likely not hang properly as the whole effect will be too thick/heavy.

There is an alteration service in Mary St. called City Tailors, 57 Mary st, D/1 (01) 8734268 that I have used for clothes alterations. They may do curtains or make a recommendation. [broken link removed], [broken link removed] or some of the other suppliers mentioned in this thread Price of curtains might be able to give a recommendation also.

Back