Svp -urgent help with rent

No Crisis not meant to be funny at all.
Trying to brain storm the situation.
I've slept in a Garda Station once or twice in the past, although not in a homeless situation

Oh ok sorry. I taught you were. Millstreet is fairly small place so not that many options avail. Just in the local take away now. Least that will be open for a while but I feel like my world is closing all around me!!!

Stay strong and try not to panic. What ever you do stay safe for tonight, get to a Garda station in the morning.

Thanks. I’ll give an update in the morning. Thanks to all for the replies. It’s comforting to know that at least some people care

Did you find a place to put your head down over night, what a terrible thing this landlord did to you. :-(

Did you find a place to put your head down over night, what a terrible thing this landlord did to you. :-(
Hi Savvy99 i slept in the porch of the local church. It was a terrible night. Pouring rain and very windy also. Hopefully will be able to put a roof over my head tonight

Glad to hear you are safe & well, even if it wasn't comfortable.

Get to the Garda Station and make a complaint, it's my belief that the landlord must allow you to return to your rented property and then start eviction proceedings in the proper way.

Note: this only applies if you were not sharing a home with your landlord.

on the face of it seems you were illegally evicted.
I hope some of the agencies ( threshold / V de P )and garda you have contacted can help.
God bless

Thanks, hopefully, spoke with the local Gardaí and they have informed me that they cannot get involved as it is a civil matter. They couldn’t help as regards accommodation though unfortunately. Getting a bit tired from the whole thing now

Thats not actually true; criminal convictions have been obtained by the PRTB against landlords.

Your landlord has committed an offence under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004.

You are entitled to regain access to your rental property. Ask the Gardai to accompany you while you do so.

I just want to sleep tonight!!! Hi can’t be dealing with all this This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language now!!! Excuse my frustration.

I just want to sleep tonight!!! Hi can’t be dealing with all this This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language now!!! Excuse my frustration.
Crisis now, try and hitch a lift into cork city and access one of the homeless hostels there tonight.

You are entitled to regain access to your rental property. Go back there and get in.

Thirsty, I don't think tonight is the night to do this. It may in fact be a dangerous thing to do.
He needs to get to the city and access the many supports that are available to him once he gets there.

Back