Suspended is it legal?!

Update...

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you all an update.

My friend was called in by Company A to discuss the events of what happened. It seems that the few days she has been out of the office, they've had some time to think about their actions. Immediately they started saying that they only asked her to leave as they didn't want this getting out to any of the other staff members until they decided what they were going to do. They are going to sue company B & her (ex) Manager. She then reminded them that she was told she was "suspended" & they quickly said, no no, that must have been a misunderstanding.

At this stage she doesn't really care & they are giving her the rest of the week off with full pay. Told her to think of it as holiday time.

Re: Update...

Joe,

That is good news on your friend.

Can I suggest one thing ? That she gets something in writing to confirm that Company A feel that she did nothing wrong and that this incident will not be held against her in any in the future.

An alternative to getting it in writing is to write a letter herself to Company A HR outlining what happened and her understanding that everyone is happy she did nothing wrong and that it will have no negative bearing on her future in the company.

I know it seems like over the top and it may well be, but it might be no harm to protect herself in the future.

efm

Back