Susi Grant /Divorced.

deco87

From enquiring I believe that I have no entitlement to this grant.
Son.18 at PLC , applied to CAO , for DIT , DUBLIN , just now.

I am divorced , son stays , with me 4 days and his mother 3 days. I get SinglePerson Child Carer Credit , with agreement of his mother.

Can his mother , apply for the susi grant as she would be entitled to it on her income?

I earn 50k and cannot....Appreciate any advice , please.

Deco

For separated/divorced parents the grant is based on the income of
the parent the student normally resides with. Maintenance payments are also taken into account. So if your present arrangement continues it would be your income. If your son moves away from home to go to college where will he stay at weekend- that might be the deciding factor

Ok thks no maintenance , so if we changed it , if his mother took him 4 days and I , 3 days , it would be based on his mother's income? Would I have to lose the sppc relief , even if she is happy that I have it?

I don't know about the SPPC - if your former wife is happy for you to have it I don't see a problem. Your son will have to submit evidence of Divorce - there is a list of documents on the Citizens Information webite. He will also have to submit a P21 from revenue - SUSI also have a website but I found it a bit confusing.

From enquiring I believe that I have no entitlement to this grant.
Son.18 at PLC , applied to CAO , for DIT , DUBLIN , just now.

I am divorced , son stays , with me 4 days and his mother 3 days. I get SinglePerson Child Carer Credit , with agreement of his mother.

Can his mother , apply for the susi grant as she would be entitled to it on her income?

I earn 50k and cannot....Appreciate any advice , please.

Deco
Hi I would be interested to know how you got on as in a similar situation. My daughter will be either be
doing a plc course next year or college depending on points , can i apply for susi if she does a plc ?? Thanks

Hi I would be interested to know how you got on as in a similar situation. My daughter will be either be
doing a plc course next year or college depending on points , can i apply for susi if she does a plc ?? Thanks

oh I made enquiries at the time ..got no where , I too would be interested if you make progress , he has started another PLC last week
I've a feeling we entitled to nothing or there are a lot of stipulations to get same ..maybe only applies to college. Keep in touch thks

Any update ?

Back