SUSI GRANT / DIVORCE

deco87

just wondered I’m divorced and my son lives slightly more with me during the year than his mother and I get the SPCC single child carer allowance...

he hopes to go to college after a PLC he is on at the moment ...he has applied for CAO recently ( should he apply susi now? Presumably wait till he is offered course )

if he was to live with his mother instead of me
He would probably get susi grant as she earns less than me ...

can she ... allow / agree to let me Continue to get spcc allowance ? She wants to do that ... as I contribute more to the daily to our child’s expenses
Thks

Hi

I'm new to SUSI also but I know your son can apply usually around April for it. They are on twitter and Facebook and answer questions pretty quickly.
They want the information of the parent he "legally" lives with. Both the parent he lives with and his earnings are taken into account. (His summer and holiday earnings can be deducted from his total)
You will have to go to Social welfare and get a print out of moneies received from the state for the year 2019. Again you pop in with ID or PPS card and you get it quickly. Be sure they stamp it and sign it. Make copies and when applying for Susi they will give you a list of what is needed. They may not ask for anything as SUSI is connected to revenue and social welfare and they share information with each other.

Best of luck.

Thanks on their website susi they say that when divorced they only take account of the income of the parent he lives with .... my understanding of that is they don’t include the other divorced parent ....I am getting the run around from their help desk ... that’s not what I would call it btw

Thanks on their website susi they say that when divorced they only take account of the income of the parent he lives with .... my understanding of that is they don’t include the other divorced parent ....I am getting the run around from their help desk ... that’s not what I would call it btw

Give Citizens Information a call as they can be very helpful on these matters and they may be able to clarify for you.

Back