Summer Holiday ideas for family?

Probably stating the obvious but have you tried any travel agents?

We found travel counsellors to be excellent for finding exactly what we wanted. No affiliation with them other than having used them for a honeymoon and another big trip a few years ago (before kids).

As far as I know they all work kind of independently so if you read some of their bio's you should find someone that has plenty of experience booking 5* family holidays

I have friends whose parents alternated each year between holidays at home (caravan park by beach, bring the bikes, crazy golf, type thing) and fancier trips abroad (5 star hotel such as OP describes).

Give you one guess which ones they have the best memories of!

We use TUI holidays - tons of 4 star / 5 star choices of all inclusive hotels with evening entertainment, kids club and so on. Flights and airport pick up/ drop is included.

Probably stating the obvious but have you tried any travel agents?

We found travel counsellors to be excellent for finding exactly what we wanted. No affiliation with them other than having used them for a honeymoon and another big trip a few years ago (before kids).

As far as I know they all work kind of independently so if you read some of their bio's you should find someone that has plenty of experience booking 5* family holidays

We used American Holidays for the "big family trip" to the US earlier this year and were excellent. We did end up booking some things ourselves but got some great ideas from them and they were very patient and helpful all the way through. Couldn't praise them enough TBH

If the beach isn't a priority then Germany is a great destination. The Europa Park near Strasbourg , just over the German border, is one of the biggest Theme Parks in Europe and Germany is beautiful; lots of fantastic towns and cities, very easy to travel around, good value, family friendly and, in my experience, generally very nice and friendly people.

Back