Suggest a Hong Kong Hotel please!

Thanks everyone for your input. OP here.

We have Langham Place booked now for January 2010.

A lot of friends of mine recommend staying on the island.

I stayed in a budget hotel in Mongkok and it was pretty grubby at night but kind of interesting all the same. We found it very hard to get somewhere cheap because we left it rather late to book, unlike when we went on to Thailand the following week where we had no problem at all getting somewhere nice on a budget.

The fake handbags by the way are just that - fakes. Probably the same thing as what you'd get in Pennys really.

I have just cancelled the hotel booking we had in hong kong and booked into the Langham as well. I booked the foodie getaway which wasnt a whole lot extra for dinner in a Michelin star restaurant and full breakfast the next morning.

Thanks!

Just on Hong Kong, (im heading there and to Shanghai in September) what is the story with Visas for China. Are they awkward or can i pop out to the embassy some day and sort it out in an hour?????

Any advice greatly appreciated

Hi Qwerty, you dont need a visa for HK but you will need one for Shanghai,. if you are going to HK first you can arrange a visa there through your hotel but that can take a few days so not sure if you have time or want the hassle.
You can get a visa for China before you go from the Chinese embassy - pretty straightforward although you have to go to visa section to apply and to collect yr passport (queues can be expected) around a week later. You'll have to have booked your travel and hotel in China for your application as well as fill in a form and provide one passport photo.
More details here
Enjoy China!

Back