STG Accounts

gInvestor

I'm hoping someone may know of the best buys for a sterling account in Ireland. Have spoken only with one bacnk that offer sterling account but the interest rate of 2.46% and 2.6% for 6 and 12 month terms respectively. Does anyone know any better rates going for sterling accounts (not in the uk but in the rep of ireland). Thanks.

Also, any info that may be going on the best exchange rates for large sums (>20K).

Last edited:
Why not go offshore ? Irish LP, Irish Nationwide and Anglo all pay high rates through their Isle Of Man offices.

Its too much hassle. I have some sterling and I just want to put it in an account for 6/12 months until the sterling rate comes back a bit. Going offshore seems unlikely since any bank in ht eUK i talked too says only residents can open accounts there. Plus, Irish banks are more secure with the gov backing.

I'm hoping someone may know of the best buys for a sterling account in Ireland. Have spoken only with one bacnk that offer sterling account but the interest rate of 2.46% and 2.6% for 6 and 12 month terms respectively. Does anyone know any better rates going for sterling accounts (not in the uk but in the rep of ireland). Thanks.

Anglo Irish and Investec normally top the best interest rates for GBP term deposits in Ireland. Anglo Irish offer 2.43% on 6 month GBP TD and 2.57% on 12 month GBP TD.

Try ringing Investec as the don't publish their rates on their website and they change all the time.

Who offered you 2.46% and 2.6% ?

Also, any info that may be going on the best exchange rates for large sums (>20K).

See here:

Back