Staying temporarily in Ireland & VRT

Have you read condition no. 3 on the Revenue leaflet regarding normal residence..are you saying your wife is here (i.e. personal ties are in Ireland). If so and you are here for at least 185 days, it looks like you are resident here. You may not regard yourself as a resident here but the VRT laws would say different. I suggest you write to or call to a VRO and state your case..give all the facts and they will tell you what is correct.

Have you read condition no. 3 on the Revenue leaflet regarding normal residence..are you saying your wife is here (i.e. personal ties are in Ireland). If so and you are here for at least 185 days, it looks like you are resident here. You may not regard yourself as a resident here but the VRT laws would say different. I suggest you write to or call to a VRO and state your case..give all the facts and they will tell you what is correct.
Yes, I'm a resident here, but my wife shouldn't be, at least that's how I've understood it. I have both called and VRO and I keep getting totally different kind of answers denpending if I call them or write to them. And I've given the same facts every time.

I quess that I'll take the risk and go with that answer that I can buy a car and keep it and not register it here and pay taxes here as long as I'll leave within a year.

Back