Statute on abuse

car

Always a tricky one on AAM so can we please, please keep it to the facts as this topic will get the thread locked quicker then an AAM night out if turns into a discussion. Ive left the main word out the topic deliberately. Im looking for the wording in our statute (if it exists) that says its illegal to racially abuse someone in this country.

Yes, thanks Gauloise. Id thought that the "incitement to hatred" was the one that covered racial abuse was was unsure. I thought there was something that had words along the lines of "its illegal to cause offense by insulting colour, creed, race or ethnicity" which I cant seem to find on that link.

Look at the definition of the word "hatred" and then the occurrences of this word in the act and it should help clarify matters for you.

Yes, thanks Gauloise. Id thought that the "incitement to hatred" was the one that covered racial abuse was was unsure. I thought there was something that had words along the lines of "its illegal to cause offense by insulting colour, creed, race or ethnicity" which I cant seem to find on that link.

Hi car. Perhaps that statement has been put out as a synopsis of 1 & 2 in the Act..maybe someone from the legal profession here can help?

Look at the definition of the word "hatred" and then the occurrences of this word in the act and it should help clarify matters for you.
Im in no doubt of what that "hatred" term means. I need to clarify it for someone else and was looking for specific wording to aid with the "clarification" edit: found the bit I was looking for in section one of that statute. thanks again gauloise.

Im in no doubt of what that "hatred" term means.
Note that I said to look at the definition of the word "hatred" in the act itself. Such definitions do not always correspond to the dictionary definitions. Similarly your understanding of the word might not match that explicitly specified in the act.

Note that I said to look at the definition of the word "hatred" in the act itself. Such definitions do not always correspond to the dictionary definitions. Similarly your understanding of the word might not match that explicitly specified in the act.
Sorry, missed that the first time round, thanks for input. Hard weekend.. :(

Back