State Savings - 40/50k for 10yrs

I am not allowed under AAM rules to name specific shares. However if you Google High Yielding Ftse 100 shares you will get an idea. The nice thing about this share is that it pays a dividend 4 times a year rather than just twice.

It's possible the moderator might allow an exception in this case.

There is no such thing as 5% return with 'minimal risk'. The poster is either willing to accept, or doesn't fully understand, the risks involved.

There are lots of equities with 5% dividend yield. There's no point in discussing a specific one.

There is no such thing as 5% return with 'minimal risk'. The poster is either willing to accept, or doesn't fully understand, the risks involved.

There are lots of equities with 5% dividend yield. There's no point in discussing a specific one.

If its all the same to you id still like to know what specific share the poster is talking about.

I am not allowed under AAM rules to name specific shares. However if you Google High Yielding Ftse 100 shares you will get an idea. The nice thing about this share is that it pays a dividend 4 times a year rather than just twice.
Sounds good Laramie!!

Investing in a low fee index fund ETF would get you 5% - 6% per year as a long-term investor. But as RedOnion said, there is no such thing as 5% return with "minimal risk", there is always risk involved when investing. An index fund ETF does spread the money over multiple stocks though which should reduce the risk.

Looking at the stock markets upwards and upward rise on a daily basis, I am of the opinion that there has to be a correction soon. I cashed in my shares a few weeks back and I am sitting on a pile of cash waiting to buy back in, when it happens.
Those of you who held off are doing well. But a profit is a profit and there is always a time to buy and a time to sell.

Those of you who shorted Bitcoin but didn't take their profit when they dropped toward $3k will know what I am talking about. Could have...should have.....

Back