State Pension Entitlement

I have to get an accountant this year to do my tax returns. I’m financially illiterate ‍♀️

How do you sign on for class a credits with no PAYE income? That’s maybe what I need to do.
Class A credits are given during periods of unemployment from a paye income job. If you sign on as unemployed at an Intreo center during the periods of unemployment you will get Class A credits. You might qualify for a Jobseekers payment during the periods of unemployment as suggested by "Freelance". If you are entitled to an unemployment payment, this would be determined when you sign on as unemployed.

If you sign on as unemployed at an Intreo center during the periods of unemployment you will get Class A credits.
Sorry to go slight awry but does this not assume the OP would have a qualified amount of PRSI stamps paid in the qualifying year ? You can't sign on after 5 years of no stamps and expect to qualify for a reckonable stamp for pension purposes ? Given the OPs mix of employment over the years they may not qualify straight away which is why I stress again to get the statement of PRSI to see where they stand..

All the options are dependent on the OP's PRSI contribution history and current/recent status. None of the recommendations so far in this thread can be relied upon without the Contributions Record. There will be other questions after that, but you're spot on, that is the starting point.

So I have been working all my life, over 23 years. About half of that is as a self employed person and I’m currently self employed. I recently read something that suggested that I would not be entitled to a full State pension. This surprised me as I pay so much tax. I’ve searched but can’t find the answer here.

I’m 50. How do I find out if I’m entitled to a full State pension? Is there anything I can do to get that pension?

Thanks

Just wondering, did you manage to get your PRSI contribution statement ?

Back