Staff Lost My Childs €220 Bracelet-Please Advise

Or...the girl who took the first call from you did not really care or confused your item with someone else. I am sure it happens all the time and i would ask the manager what the loss property process is but i am sure they have a disclaimer.

But can you really expect someone who is working in a bowling alley to be conscious of this i am sure they get loads of calls each day and the flip side is how are they to know you are genuine.

If it was me i would have asked for the girls name, get her to call the manager and give the item to him and tell him that i would be down at a time to pick it up from him!! I just would not take there word for it.

In an ideal world . . . .

You go to the gardai to report a stolen bracelet . . . "And where was this article last seen ?" . . . . "Bowling Alley, they said they had it behind the counter" . . . . "Is that so, let's go down and ask them a few questions so".

I think that last bit is where normal logic becomes unstuck. Regrettably perhaps, this sort of incident isn't of the magitude that would prompt the Gardai to take immediate (or any) action.

Reporting the issue, however, may help in making a claim from your Insurance company. They may be the ones who determine whether to "encourage" the Gardai. If it was a briefcase full of diamonds, they might do just that. For a €200 bracelet, I'd say they'd just pay up.

Back