Springboard application as unemployed?

Sunnygirl69

Advice needed please.
Asking on behalf of young person (21) who recently gave up job to return to full time education. The course the person was due to start on was a pre-uni level 5. Now that person has been accepted on a better course, level 7, Springboard. The Springboard course is blended mode of delivery. Can the application now be amended to 'unemployed' applicant? Solely for the purpose of avoiding paying the application fee.

Are you saying that when they applied for the level 5 course they were employed and stated that on the application? But now they're not employed and want to change the application to reflect that for the level 7 course?

Wouldn't it make sense to ask Springboard about this?

https://springboardcourses.ie/contactUs

Yes to first question but I don't believe employment status was a question when applying for PLC course.
Second question... The Springboard course was applied for way back in Spring & applicant was told they were not successful but placed on waiting list. This was separate application altogether.
Now applicant is accepting the 'better' course... I can't see answer to this.
Springboard requires applicant to stay whether employed or unemployed.
Initial application was as employed but obviously now this has changed. TIA

Hopefully they can.... We are in touch with them but there is a time line & we don't want the place to be lost.
Just thought someone on here might have had similar experience.

Still Springboard cannot give an answer on this & it's now becoming urgent! Course starts tomorrow. Talk about complicated, paying as an 'employed' person seems to not be an option.

Call (01) 5253692 and stay on the line until they give you an answer or another number to call?

https://springboardcourses.ie/faq

Why not just turn up tomorrow anyway without paying the application fee?

When it becomes apparent to Springboard admin that the fee hasn’t been paid, you can have it out with them then.

In fairness, I’d say they’re up to their eyes at the moment.

Why not just turn up tomorrow anyway without paying the application fee?

When it becomes apparent to Springboard admin that the fee hasn’t been paid, you can have it out with them then.

In fairness, I’d say they’re up to their eyes at the moment.
The course is blended, online initially so log on etc needed in advance. Very frustrating.

Back