Smoking Ban

RainyDay said:
Smelling someone else's second hand smoke is awful - it stinks. It gets up my nose, literally & metaphorically. I can smell their smoke off my clothes & hair an hour later.

If someone is smoking say 2 feet away from you on the street you can still smell their smoke an hour later?

kazbah said:
If someone is smoking say 2 feet away from you on the street you can still smell their smoke an hour later?

In favour of Rainy's opinion I had a quick look on [broken link removed] for a statelite image of the previously mentioned smoking death zone the "Wyckam Bypass" and I am starting to come around to Rainy's point of view

e6207e309c326698bfbe.jpeg

In Paris last April I just couldn't get used to sitting in cafes and people smoking around me, it's amazing the effect the ban has had on that. Well, the next cafe we went to, we sat outside. Except everyone around next to us was smoking there too and believe me, even though it was outside, I was still smelling it and breathing it in and it was disgusting. I think I would have moved away if I hadn't already ordered my coffee. BTW I didn't make my discomfort obvious out of manners.

I think that smokers who would have previously asked permission to light up indoors, genuinely don't see that the same manners apply outdoors where people are still smelling and breathing your smoke if you light up. They just think that because we're in the great outdoors it doesn't matter. Wrong.

annR said:
I think that smokers who would have previously asked permission to light up indoors, genuinely don't see that the same manners apply outdoors

Correct! Though I woudn't blow it in their face.

On the litter question, a lot of places,such as shops, have removed their bins and I see some of the outdoor ashtrays are going too. I asked a shopkeeper and he said that people were using them to get rid of nappies etc. Dublin Corpo as it was then gave out hundreds of portable ashtrays. But did anyone ever use them?

Back