Small claims form from bank, probate

thelad77

I,m filling out a small claims form from a bank.the amount is 14 k approx.
i have 2 sisters ,one lives outside ireland ,in another country.
There is no will .
so i assume i fill in the form .
each next of kin gets 1/3 the balance ,eg 14 divided by 3.
Can one person opt out.
eg sister 2 writes a letter to the bank, saying please give the balance to the 2 other relatives .
there is only one bank account in one bank.that is all that is in the estate,no stocks , shares etc

the reason i ask this is i know someone who was left 3k in a will,
and they wrote a letter to the executor .please pass this on to the family,next of kin .
i do not want to recieve the 3k.
The 3k was needed to cover the cost of a funeral.
the person who was named in the will was not a member of the family.
sorry i meant the title to be probate small claims form

after the form is sent to the bank how long does it take for the account to be closed down and the funds to be released .
i presume the bank sends 3 equal amounts to the 3 persons , the next of kin listed on the form.
eg 3 payments to 3 separate bank account

What is the process for one person to say i wish to opt out of the process, eg is it simply writing a letter to the bank saying ,
my name is x, i do not wish to recieve any money from the probate ,
i do not wish to recieve any money from the bank account of the person who is deceased .
heres a copy of my id, my adress, utility bill , passport etc to prove my identity .
i wish the balance in the account to be split equally between my next of kin ,my sister and my brother.

eg am i missing something .the funeral is paid for .
Alls that left is to divide the bank account by using the small claims application process .
eg balance is under 25 k

I have never heard of this before but I guess there must be a way of closing an account without using a solicitor. The easiest thing to do is to each get the share and then the third sibling just pays the other two afterwards.

see [broken link removed] probate will etc Small claims form ,if the amount is under 25k the account can be closed and the balance given to the next of kin, there is no will
no need to pay a solicitor,
How does sister 2 inform the bank please leave me out, eg give the balance to the other members of the family ,
i do not wish to recieve any payments or money in regard to my deceased relative,s bank account.
what is the process to inform the bank,?
send a registered letter ,with copy of id,bank statement, utility bill, proof of adress ?

IF the amount is over 25k i would need to go to a solicitor in order to close down the account and get the balance transferred to the next of kin

one sister lives abroad ,outside ireland .
she would prefer to disclaim the money, eg i do not wish to recieve any payment from this account,
so the balance will go to the next of kin , named on the small claims form.
eg the balance will be split equally among the next of kin named on the small claims form

all thats in the estate is one bank account , the balance is under the 25k limit
the form i have read seems to indicate ,theres no need to employ a solicitor ,
if the amount in the account is under 25k

Last edited:
Back