Small Claims Court - Do I get the fee back

AndroidMan

I am trying to get a refund of around €100 from a supplier of materials.
I am confident that I am due this refund, the company is just ignoring my emails.

I want to go to the Small Claims Court. Their fee seems to be €25.
If claim is successful, will I also get the fee back from the supplier?

I want to go to the Small Claims Court.
1. Small Claims Court takes forever
2. Even if /when your case succeeds, the company may not pay you
3. It's too much hassle for not enough money.
4. If you paid for the goods on your credit card, start a charge back dispute.
5. If you paid for the goods on your debit card, you can try a charge back dispute with your bank, but you may not succeed.
6. If you paid on Paypal using your debit card, you can raise a dispute with Paypal, this has been successful for me in the past.
7. Forget emails, send a registered letter to the most senior person you can identify.
8. If they have facebook/ twitter call out the poor customer service there.

I think you should brace yourself for the hassle and frustration but go ahead anyway.

If they don't pay you, you can publicise it.

"I got a court order for €100 from Xyz ltd of 35 Main Street, Dublin and they have ignored it. people should avoid dealing with them."

Brendan

I have had to use SCC twice. First time was for about €1,000 but the company didn't turn up on the day and I was awarded full claim minus the €25 fee. Fairly quick and painless process, about 6 weeks from beginning to end with maybe 90 minutes in court. Staff all very nice and helpful.

Second time was for a smaller amount, around €300, company settled immediately, all done by email and phone with SCC, cost me about an hour of time in total and I got full amount minus the €25 fee, about 2 weeks from submission to cheque. Found it all efficient.

Fairly quick and painless process, about 6 weeks from beginning to end with maybe 90 minutes in court.
I'm stunned (and very pleased for you of course) that the process was so fast - when was this? And did you actually get yr €1k?

Thanks, I was surprised myself. First case was 2017, 2nd was earlier this year. I had lots of documentary evidence (emails, photos, call logs, etc) so probably made it easier and quicker.

The SCC told me to contact them if I had any trouble getting the money. I was paid within a couple of weeks the first time and within a few days the 2nd time.

If you are fairly certain you are correct, you can simply give them 7 days to settle and say that failing that you will simply go the SCC route and after their judgement in you favour, you will be entitled to go online as Brendan has said and name and shame them without fear of recrimination

That will be worth a lot more than €100 to them

If you are fairly certain you are correct, you can simply give them 7 days to settle and say that failing that you will simply go the SCC route.

That will be worth a lot more than €100 to them
That exactly what I did recently. Worked a treat. Works rectified promptly.

I am trying to get a refund of around €100 from a supplier of materials.
I am confident that I am due this refund, the company is just ignoring my emails.

I want to go to the Small Claims Court. Their fee seems to be €25.
If claim is successful, will I also get the fee back from the supplier?
Did you pay by debit or credit card? If so, it may be easier to try chargeback. https://www.*****************.com/protection-when-buying-with-debit-or-credit-cards.html

Back