Skyeurope.com?

tomthumb

Just came across this site with some very good prices to places like Krakow compared to Aer Lingus. Anyone know anything about them or ever used them?

hi tom

great deals i used them i was off in belarus to see scotland play and we came back via warsaw, they fly into the main terminal in warsaw i flew back to london luton for € 40 including taxes, cheap and cheerful

great! Compared a trip to krakow with them and aer lingus and they are working out about half the price for my trip!! Cheap and cheerful is exactly what I was hoping for, save the rest for the drink and food there! thanks!

i stayed in the warsaw marriott right opposite the old communist headquarters, aboslutely class hotel well worth the 90 dollars we paid per room

can you imagine what a top 4/5 star hotel here would cost!

hope to get to krakow before it becomes the next Prague. Hotel prices are still reasonable and eating out and drink so hope to get going by December. Nice hotel at a good price and budget flights sound like a nice Christmas treat for me!!

The only problem is that you arrive in Krakow just after 1 a.m. I imagine that most hotels won't allow you in to your room until the afternoon or do you go straight from the airport to your hotel and pay for your half nights stay?

Ive flown with them to Bratislava.

There a pretty good airline.

They are also fairly big - less likely to go bust than EUJet and the like.

Pope John Paul flew with them once. If they are good enough for a pope they are good enough for anyone else.

P

Hi Pokerhead. What is Bratislava like? I did some research over the weekend on the place as a city break but got the impression that it was a bit dull and grey?

Looking at Krakow hotels has anyone stayed at either the Cracovia or Atrium?

Water Water,

Don't know where you did the research - Bratislava is a fantastic place. It has a wonderful preserved old compact centre with good shops, restaurants and bars. Prices are cheap, the scenery is great and if you are there for an extended period, you can take a short trip up the Danube to Vienna (only 40km away)

There is a very good Radisson right in the middle of town - shouldn't be too pricey

Bratislava is a great place.

I would spend a lot more time ther if I could.

not too sure about hotels. I staed in the hotel Kyjek which is beside the Tesco.

It is an old fashioned communist era hotel but it was clean and fairly comfortable.

Its been almost a year so cant remember price exactly but it was cheap - something like 60 eur for room per night.

Well worth a trip - Bratislava.

Did you ever travel between Bratislava and Vienna and is this easy? I note that skyeurope offer a shuttle service for €10 from Bratislava airport. However I am thinking more two days Bratislava and two days Vienna?

No. I havent travelled from Bratislava to vienna. I have heard that it is very easy though.

I once travelled via train from Bratislava to Budapest though.

This was easy. Took about 5 hours.

P

my brother in law lives in Bratislava and we vist at least 4 times a year. Up until now we have always flown into Vienna with Aer Lingus and got a bus from the airport to Bratislava, it's very easy, and only takes about an hour at most (should be quicker now that the border checkpoint should be gone...thanks to the EU). the €10 shuttle sounds like a great deal, the bus is a little more i think €15.

Bratislava is a great city, with some amazing restraunts and bars. When we go we treat ourselves and stay in the Raddison on the main square....it is the most cental location, and is a seriously top notch 5 star hotel. We usually get it for about €100 per room per night (weekend rate).

In fact we'll be there again in late November, just in time for the Christmas market.

Oh and Vienna is stunning...an amazing city....but some what more expensive than Bratislava.

Enjoy your trip

Bruce Wayne, Have you flown with skyeurope.com? I am tempted to go to Krakow next March at €1 flights but I am concerned at arriving in Krakow at 1 a.m. Anyone any suggestions? Also has anyone visited the Wieliczka salt mines in Krakow? If a person suffered from claustrophobia would it be a problem?

I wouldnt be concerned.

Skyeurope are agreat airline.

Pope John Paul flew with them!!!!

Im sure the krakow taxi/hotel comminuty will be more than willing to look after you at 1AM krakow time.

Go for it!!!

Purchased some return tickets over the weekend to Cologne for next March from
Over for €37 and back for €6.85. There is still availability at €26
for next Feb/March and back at €6.85. Flights are at good times as well. Can't be bad.

GermanWings is owned by Lufthansa
CentralWings is owned by LOT Polish Airlines (the main Polish carrier)

So both would be fairly decent... not "fly by night" operators at all - though firmly in the "you get what you pay for" low cost carrier servic model

I have'nt flown with sky europe yet...but have tickets booked for next November.....but from what I've heard their grand

Have flown with Sky Europe. They were spot on.

Regarding central wings. They will fly from Shannon to Warsaw direct from November.

Sample fare - taken from website www.centralwings.com 2 minutes ago SNN - Warsaw 28 Nov Warsaw SNN 30 Nov EUR 71.15 return per person including all taxes and charges. Not too bad at all.

Shannon is a wonderful airport. The drive from Dublin would almost be worth it.

P

Back