Site Insurance - 0.5 acre public liability 1yr =600euro??

jryan

I just got quoted 600euro for 1 years public liability insurance for a half acre site with AON brokers. Does this sound reasonble? Who are the market leaders in this area?

I just rang FBD and they will not offer a quote until you have other business with them
such as a house insurance. Does anyoe know roughly what FBD charge for public liabilty site insurance.

AON are a broker, why not ask them which insurers they approached and what responses each gave. This risk would not be attractive for most insurers so therefore they will only quote for supporting business, it is likely that only one quoted.........but at least you will have more information.

have you tried the insurance company where your other business is? If they already have your house insurance, then they may give you a quote.
the area where the site is may have a bearing on the quotation, ie if it is near a built up area and chilren tend to play there or could be attracted to play there, then the risk is higher. Also, bear in mind that when you commence construction, you will need different insurance covers. As far as I know, if you intend building in the next few months, one of the self build policies may be of interest to you.

Back