SIPTU official got 1000e a day..

According to the Irish Times article, Peter McLoone went on one of the trips under scrutiny.

:eek:

What regulatory policy?? It was against company policy.

+1

A policy that he, as CEO, was responsible for.

And, if he hadn't been forced to resign, he may have plotted the same course as his successor. I have heard him say, on radio, that even in his time in charge, they used to spend time asking themselves "how are Anglo doing what they're doing and how can we do the same ?".

I thought it was interesting when I read at the weekend that it only came to light when Brendan Drumm 'bumped into' a load of them in Australia and started asking questions about why they were there when he got back.

http://www.tribune.ie/news/article/2010/oct/10/235m-slush-fund-rumbled-by-hsechief-on-australia-t/

This Skills programme is the probably the worst single example of mismanagement of funds in the public service. It trumps, by a mile, anything FAS got beaten up over.

Accountability for the management of the fund rests at several levels. This was not hidden, it was ignored. Somwhere within the HSE, there is a senior manager who decided it was acceptable for this fund to be used for travel purposes. How any person could do so is the real question to be asked.

Back