sick leave assigned by employer

Hi Izolda, I can empathise with your frustration. Your employer has to cover all bases. If you were let work away regardless of your plight and for some reason you managed to injure yourself more the dreaded word litigation comes to the fore. Your doctor was covering himself/herself too in this respect. You'll probably say that you wouldn't complain whether-or-which and that is to your credit. But, in these days of rampant litigation fostered by the legal profession and anybody else who can make a few easy bob t's have to be crossed and i's dotted.

Forget any comments on the forum. When you participate here and elsewhere you will be taken to task. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, it just comes with the territory

Again, apologies and I hope you have a swift and successful recovery
Lep

Hi Izolda, I can empathise with your frustration. Your employer has to cover all bases. If you were let work away regardless of your plight and for some reason you managed to injure yourself more the dreaded word litigation comes to the fore. Your doctor was covering himself/herself too in this respect. You'll probably say that you wouldn't complain whether-or-which and that is to your credit. But, in these days of rampant litigation fostered by the legal profession and anybody else who can make a few easy bob t's have to be crossed and i's dotted.

Forget any comments on the forum. When you participate here and elsewhere you will be taken to task. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, it just comes with the territory

Again, apologies and I hope you have a swift and successful recovery
Lep
Tnx a lot Leper - i guess i was naive LOL

@Izolda - I think you may be misunderstanding my coment; in response to the apparent sympathy being shown to the small business, I'm suggesting that its far worse for the individual concerned.

izolda, when I spoke from the point of view of a manager I was trying to show how an employee’s illness can impact decisions taken by a manager both to ensure that the work gets done and how a manager thinks about part time return to work.

I hope I conveyed how forum posters have sympathy for you on your illness and your on going recovery. You say you are now on paid leave rather than sick leave. This is not a concept I have come across before when someone is returning to work after an illness. What does it mean for you?

@Izolda - I think you may be misunderstanding my coment; in response to the apparent sympathy being shown to the small business, I'm suggesting that its far worse for the individual concerned.
i did understand, that was my IT skills or lack of.... adding your comment to another comment reply lol

meaning..?? i have been ran over by an idiot in his car... broken bones ... not sure if u have any ideas what is a real nightmare ...
I'm not saying it isn't a nightmare scenario for you. I'm saying that for small businesses it is also very difficult to manage these situations correctly.

Back