Serving a summons for a debt owed

He is suggesting that you ask the court for permission to post the summons to the debtors bank in the hopes they will send it on to the debtor.

It is very unlikely a court would agree.

However the person has has a sun holiday and been at a number of sporting and music events etc which cost alot of money.
I know and trust them but it's just although they have addressed the matter with me previously they are now ignoring calls.
I know lots of people say don't lend money but when you see someone you know and trust struggling you want to help.

Sorry to say this but you do not know them well and you should not trust them. Disgraceful behaviour. Also they don't seem to be struggling if they are going on holiday etc so that's a bit of a contradiction.

Kingdom

Court rules provide for service of documents. If defendant has no solicitor on record, service is usually by regd post in District and Circuit court cases, or personally in High Court cases.

If that is not possible the plaintiff can apply to the court for an order allowing service in some other way according to the circumstances. An affidavit has to be sworn stating the facts and filed in court. See a solicitor.

Back