Service available for Efel Stove

S

starstruck

I bought ( and got installed) an Efel Stove for my sitting room 7 years ago from a reputable supplier( or so I thought). This sits in my living room and is the main burner for my oil fired central heating system. It has never been serviced because I can't get anyone who will do this, the supplier tells me they 'don't do servicing'. It is a 'double burner' unit, burning kerosene. I hope I'm describing this accurately, I'm no expert. It is now burning up to a 1000 ltrs per 10 weeks and costing me a fortune.
Does anyone have an idea who services these? I live in County Wicklow. Thanks

Any qualified plumber is competent enough to service an efel stove. You could probably make a good fist at doing it yourself with some basic instruction in cleaning the unit. I'm quite surprised that some of the incidental parts in the stove haven't needed replacing in seven years!

Thanks ubiquitous, I've had five reputable plumbers out in the past 15 months, all of them say the same: We don't service double burner units. I've even rang the likes of Waterford Stanley, because their cookers cum central heating systems are double burners: Sorry, no, was the answer. I will get onto Fenton Fires again ( they supplied it) but so far they have been extremely unhelpful.
Anyway, thanks for the reply

Back