Selling a tenant purchase house.

Debracd

Hi, we bought our house of the local council a few years ago and have now decided to move on. We have to apply to the council to sell the house(which won't be a problem according to the housing officer), so we got the forms off the council to fill in and there are forms for the purchaser to fill in too. The purchaser must be a first time buyer and must fill out this form before they can purchase the house. I'm just wondering as a buyer would you be put off by the council forms? :confused:

We're hoping for a pretty quick sale, so just sussing out peoples opinions on this.

Thanks,

Deb

If the house is what they want and it's at the right price for them, I don't think anyone would have a problem. They might run it past their solicitor.

That's true liteweight, if it's for them I'm sure it won't put them off too much. It's just the questions on the form quite indepth!

The purchaser has to fill in personal info, examples would be:

Submit a p60
Name those who will be residing at the dwelling
Say whether they're married, single etc,
Give the purchase price of the property
Attach loan approval
Are asked if they're natives of the county
And then are asked to give info on their present housing and submit a rentbook, letter from landlord or auctioneer!

There's enough to buying a house without all that! :eek:

Thanks again,

Deb

Isnt there a clawback from the council of the discount that you received when buying the house?There is when selling an affordable house.

No wolfie, we just have to get permission to sell. There used to be a clawback within 20yrs of purchase. But now you just have to pay €60 to apply to sell the house.

Deb

Debracd said:
The purchaser must be a first time buyer
Hi

Im actually buying a tenant purchase house at the mo and we were told by our Solicitors that we couldnt buy the house coz we are not FTb. As it turns out you do not have to be FTB, but you are not allowed to own any other property.
We have to send a copy of our contract for our house sale to the council to prove this. My Solicitor was caught out and i ended up telling her what the procedure was. She was actually quite suprised as she always thought that it has to be a FTB purchasing when first selling on a tenant purchase house......

BTW is that debracd from MM. Me from MM too!!!!!!!!

Mo

Hi Moesha, yup tis me :)

Anyway, on the FTB thing. Here in Meath the conditions for 'consent to sale' are that it goes to a FTB or another valid reason for the move i.e Job relocation, closer to family or medical reasoning.

The mad thing is we were looking at buying a house in Cavan that was ex-tenant purchase too and there are NO conditions there(checked with the council myself) except that the vendor(ex tenant) can prove that they won't end up back on the housing list! Anyone can buy the house off him though.

I've talked to a couple of Agents about it and they said it's no problem at all, that it won't put anyone off because the house is in a brilliant location :)

Thanks for your reply,

Deb

Back