Sell the sports car for a family car recommendations?

get yerself an old big Merc or Beemer.
Comfy, fast and stylish. Most of the depreciation is long gone and all you have to worry about is petrol and tax. Get a local mechanic to service it.

Or if you wanna go newer and have space to grow as a family, get an A4 1.8T Avant or Octavia 1.8T (Estate) which with a little fettling will definitely put a smile on your face when you don't have to worry about the nipper throwing up all over the place in the back :)

get yerself an old big Merc or Beemer.
Comfy, fast and stylish. Most of the depreciation is long gone and all you have to worry about is petrol and tax. Get a local mechanic to service it.

Or if you wanna go newer and have space to grow as a family, get an A4 1.8T Avant or Octavia 1.8T (Estate) which with a little fettling will definitely put a smile on your face when you don't have to worry about the nipper throwing up all over the place in the back :)

A4 has poor space in the back seats compared to a passat. Dunno about the Octavia. A 1.8T won't be that fuel efficient though I'd have thought.

A4 has poor space in the back seats compared to a passat. Dunno about the Octavia. A 1.8T won't be that fuel efficient though I'd have thought.

Yep, the reaer space will be as tight as the saloon. Only the boot will be bigger and more accessible, but I don't advise putting the nipper in there :)

I agree with buying a car to suit it's uses and with kids, it's either expensive poser mobiles or something that does what is says on the tin, like a Citroen Picasso or something.

This will defo put you in the function over form bracket though :-(
Happy parenting!

Back