Self-storage

Janet

It looks like I'll need to move soon. I have bits and pieces of furniture and quite a lot of books and general crap. I'm going to try and get rid of as much as possible before moving. There's very little chance I'll find somewhere as big as I am now so I'm thinking of mainly looking for somewhere cheaper and then putting some stuff in storage for about a year. Obviously I need to figure out first if it'd be cheaper to just replace things in a year or so or if it's worth paying for storage. Has anyone used any self-storage places before? Any recommendations?

Janet interesting post. I have noticed that stuff/junk is beginning to accumulate and have considered flooring my attic to store all this crap. A lot of it is from the time the kids were small and I can't seem to throw it away. I now have the situation where I need to replace sofas etc It seems that nobody wants old furniture anymore. I am presently looking at painting old mahogany stuff off white with that distressed look that seems popular at present. What I really need to do is throw it all away. Even to do that is expensive now, hired a skip lately? A spare room in my house is now storing old pc's, never used exercise bicycles, portable Tv'S, occasional furniture etc.
Oh to be clutter free!!

Having moved house recently wifey and I did what we thought to be a declutter exercise which was brutal. When we moved house I floored the attic immediately, not all of it mind, but enough to get prams, suitcases full of baby clothes, boxes, old TV stand etc. I need to extend his flooring as several other boxes have appeared on the landing that need storing.

The living space on the other hand is clutter free!

Hi folks, Don't forget your local charity shop for any unwanted items which could be used again, they generally prefer stuff thats clean safe and in good condition.

Yes there are a couple of places that do it but it's not cheap,around 140 Euro per month for 10x10x10.You get a key code for your own personal access.When I find the web address I'll post here.

I saw signs advertising a self-storage facility out at Deans Grange (on the road up to Bakers Corner).

Back