Self Service Checkouts in Tescos

Why do the Tesco ones complain about an ' unexpected item in the bagging area' which is usually doh, my shopping bag?

What exactly is wrong with this ? I am using the plural (as in Tesco Stores).

You would be entitled to give out if the title had been "Self Service Checkouts in Tescos (sic) Stillorgan" for example..

But if you had been talking about Superquinn, surely you wouldn't have said Superquinns?

At least he didn't say "Tesco's" when not using the possessive. Now that really is annoying!

I lost some bottles of spirits on these.....

Scanned them through early so they were waaay out at the end of the collection area while I was still picking stuff out of the trolley. Plenty of people walking by the ends of the checkouts. Hard to concentrate on the machine and keep an eye out. When I got to the packing stage......you guessed it - they were no longer there.

I notified the management when it occurred a second time as I realised then that I hadn't just forgotten to pack them.

Now I used manned tills where I can eyeball the goods!!

Some of the self service checkouts don't have a conveyor belt but just have a little weighing platform so your goods are always within your grasp.