Seat Cordoba

Mr.Wonder

I bought a 99 Cordoba in April. The clutch cable was apparently changed a couple of days before I bought the car. the clutch feels really stiff again now. Anyone know how much it costs to replace one of these? Would the part itself not still be under warranty if its only 7 months old?? Just looking for info. before go back complaining to the garage. Has anyone else had clutch cable problems with these cars??

I would be surprised if any garage would give you more than 6 months on a 6 year old car. The fact that they fitted the clutch may give you some grounds for complaint.

Having said that, the car should have been 'fit for use' etc. at the time you bought the car.

Is there anything in particular I should use to lubricate it or would any kind of oil suffice?? Are these difficult to remove?

You'll need a hoist to lift the car, or axle stands for a DIY job.

It may be tricky, and best left to a pro. with the right equipment.

The pedal box in the Seat Cordoba (and the corresponding model VW Polo) give trouble whereby a weld breaks and what you're hearing is not the cable but a loose bracket just above your feet.

Just an update- I got the clutch cable replaced after some bargaining for €50, no hoists etc needed. Clutch cable goes from under the bonnet, behind the window wiper motor and down to the clutch pedal. Changed in 15 minutes. Easy!!!

Clutch cables are an extremely common problem with these cars apparently!!

Back