Scrap RTE 2

• Thread starter SpagMonster
  • Start date
I actually like TG4 and I don't speak Irish. They have some really interesting programmes. As do RTE to be fair to them. To be honest guys, no station is ever going to please everyone. Look at the abuse the BBC gets in the UK but in my opinion apart from the occasional blip is probably the best broadcaster in the world especially its radio. I agree that there are plenty of savings that be made in RTE though. Their senior staff and top presenters are paid way too much for what they bring to the table.

TG4 at 38 million Euro per year needs to be shut down. They are closing down hospital wards because of no money - TG4 need's to go now.

T4g do more for public service broadcasting than RTE.

RTE should move to a cheaper location.

2fm serve no public interest and should be flogged off.

Lyric Fm should be sold off.

Radio na gaelteachta should become radio na gaelige.

I like TG4, their sports coverage is superb as has been some of their docuemnteries. Reality is that some of their programmes would never be seen on RTE unless we had an RTE 3.
i agree.
I could happily go without both RTE's if i had TV3 and TnG as i watch a lot of the documentaries and find them decent enough - better than "fairly sity" for a start

I actually like TG4 and I don't speak Irish. They have some really interesting programmes. As do RTE to be fair to them. To be honest guys, no station is ever going to please everyone. Look at the abuse the BBC gets in the UK but in my opinion apart from the occasional blip is probably the best broadcaster in the world especially its radio. I agree that there are plenty of savings that be made in RTE though. Their senior staff and top presenters are paid way too much for what they bring to the table.

I think this is the main problem. We are comparing our stations with UK stations and there is often no comparison. As other posters have said, look at other European broadcasting e.g. Spain (stuck in the 70s, full of variety shows and melodrama) Poland (almost unwatchably amateurish) France (often like a bad really glossy verison of US TV)

I like TG4, their sports coverage is superb as has been some of their docuemnteries. Reality is that some of their programmes would never be seen on RTE unless we had an RTE 3.

Well, you could argue the TG4 actually IS RTE3.

Back