Ryebridge, Kilcock

mollyoh

Does anyone know anything about this development? i am very interested in it. Does anyone know what prices the first phase went for? or even better what the second phase are going for anf when it will be launched?

I bought a 3 bed end of terrace off the plans last september for 300K. 3 beds ranged from 297k to 315k approx. (rumours are they'll be 15k more expensive in 2nd phase). show house has been pushed out 3 times now and latest estimate they are giving now is april 1st - or maybe they just really do think people are fools!

Coonan estate agents in Maynooth are launching the Ryebridge, their website is www.coonan.com
although i have heard that there is a huge waiting list for this developemtn, probably worth giving them a call and asking them

This development is being launched on the 1st of April with showhouses opening on this date also. I would imagine there is a huge waiting list for these houses. They don't have the prices confirmed yet.
Has anybody else heard anything else about it.

Have found out this development is launching 1st april. Rang Coonans today the 2 bedded apartments have jumped from €220,000 on first phase to €260,000 on next phase also 2 bedded townhouse have gone fron €250,000 to €295,000

mollyoh said:
Have found out this development is launching 1st april. Rang Coonans today the 2 bedded apartments have jumped from €220,000 on first phase to €260,000 on next phase also 2 bedded townhouse have gone fron €250,000 to €295,000

That's just taking the piss now. Serious chances of negative equity there

Also rang Coonans today and was told the same thing. The woman in the office said there was massive demand and reckoned people would be queuing on the Friday night!!! She said it was a first come first served basis and registering with Coonans meant nothing!! Also she quoted me those prices but said she couldn't confirm them!!
They seem way too dear!!!

anyone know when these houses are due to be completed? I heard the 3 beds are starting at 315k for a mid terrace with 340k for an end of terrace, 315k seems ok to me??

tml said:
anyone know when these houses are due to be completed? I heard the 3 beds are starting at 315k for a mid terrace with 340k for an end of terrace, 315k seems ok to me??

Hi

Spoke to the estate agent this morning as i was horrified to discover this thread last night. I had been looking at this estate for a long time now and the 3 bed terraces have jumped from 295k to 340k in the space of less than a year, exact same houses... She confirmed all of those prices. I was gobsmacked and when I asked why she said it was the builders decision and not theirs. Who feels like they would be ripped off....???? i was fully intending on queuing for these houses as i thought they would be affordable or even reasonable for what they are... I am back looking again. Forget it. its kilcock for gods sake. Maynooth is cheaper

mollyoh said:

the 2 bed townhouses have gone up to 315k. the 3 beds are starting at 340k

Was looking through the brochure for this and saw something that confused me. The 2 bed duplex looks like a ground floor apartment-surely this is a misprint? A duplex has to be two storey, right??
Does anyone that there will be queues for the launch this weekend, or will the high prices put a lot of people off?

Be careful suntot - i had a similar issue on the fist phase. They had some of the houses advertised as "3 bed end of terrace" and although they were end of terrace styled houses they had no side entrance. They claimed it was a misprint but i would beg to differ. Cost me an extra €7,500 for a genuine end of terrace.

Dont think the prices is putting people off by the sounds of it as coonan have told 3 different people i know that are interested in buying that its first come first served and they will not accept a pre launch deposit. They are only releasing 40 units this week so looks like they're going down the 3rd and 4th phase route.

suntot - had a look at the plans and i agree with you that it looks like there are only 2 bed apartments and no duplex's (Type I and L) even though it claims at the top of the brochure that they are a duplex. Only seems to be 2 bed duplex (Type I1). As i said, be careful!

If you really want to invest here I would queue as people queued overnight for the first phase. I was following it closely and hoped to buy the 3 bed terrace. I couldnt justify that someone else had paid 45k less for the same house so I amnt going ahead with it. I'm very surprised that they are launching the smallest houses first.
Local builders are operating on it and I'm sure they have done a good job on it.
Best of luck... back to the search for us!!!

Do you mean queue from Friday night or on Saturday morning? There only seems to be 40 on sale on Saturday? Does anybody know any more about this? I would say there is going be a huge amount of people down there on Saturday.

Im not actually looking to buy one of these-thank god-its people I know. They had originally hoped to get a 2/3 bed duplex, but we are all baffled by the plans. They are disappointed with the price and if it comes to queueing overnight will definitely give it a miss!
Seems like Kilcock isn't a very affordable location any more

You wont believe this but I know of people who have started queuing for this today! There are at least 3 or 4 down there right now!

SteelBlue05 said:
You wont believe this but I know of people who have started queuing for this today! There are at least 3 or 4 down there right now!

Are you sure that they're actually queuing to buy as opposed to stooges hired by the agency? Somebody posted on another thread about agents starting to do this. I started having a look for it but I think it's on one of those tediously long financial debate threads.

Well I know at least one of them is genuine, I suppose the other 2 or 3 could be hired but theres no way of knowing really.

Phase 2 launching 2pm next sat. Queues from this morning (Thurs) Is the world gone mad? They not cheap. 3 bed mid-terr from 315k. 4 bed semi over 400k!