Ryanair's latest news -It gets better and better.

My experience has been different with Aer Lingus, although obviously thats completely subjective, but they have always been unfailingly polite and pleasant whereas Ryanair, well, haven't.
Aer Lingus have been far worse for me. I've spent over an hour waiting on a hot plane without so much as a glass of water due to delays on Aer Lingus planes twice in the last year and a half, and I was made walk half a kilometer in Madrid airport to pay extra for my bag being half a kilo overweight by AerLingus when I was suffering from food poisoning. Aer Lingus only allowed 6kg for hand luggage, whereas Ryanair allowed 15kg.

I'm not saying Ryanair are great - but they do what it says on the tin. Aer Lingus often pretend to be higher up the food chain, but I'm not sure they are that much higher than Ryanair.

With short haul flights being shorter than most Bus Eireann bus journeys and prices similar, why would you expect or need the service to be any better than that on a bus journey?

You buy a ticket, turn up on time, get on the plane and sit down, fly, get off the plane and leave airport. Sometimes planes are late, but so are buses. I no more need someone to serve me an over priced dinner or patronise me with a make-up caked false smile on a flight than I do on a bus.

Thanks for the info BoxtheFox, this certainly supports my experiences. I will continue to fly Ryanair because of their pricing (all kudos to them) but will wear a broad grin when they tell me how much I'm enjoying myself.

‘As for Ryanair and Easyjet, they might be cheap, but if you want great customer service then look elsewhere.’

Back